Where are all the members? Why is C.Diff not made aware of ?

In memory of our loved ones, taken from us by Cdiff.
Post an epitaph or photo of your lost loved ones here.

Moderator: Moderators

Julie112607
User

Where are all the members? Why is C.Diff not made aware of ?

Postby Julie112607 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:03 am

I ask why is C.Diff unheard of by many? Why is there no mention in connection with the use of Antibiotics?
There is no posters, leaflets or information in hospitals & Dr surgery's "WHY"?
The stool sample testing for C.Diff are false negative because of the long time scale it takes from leaving the surgery on its journey to the hospital lab.
Why does it seem in my fathers case I have no freedom to speak out about C.Diff?
This is the only C.Diff site I have come across in the U.K.
yet there are plentiful on Facebook American C.Diff Groups and on the internet - they have freedom of speech..
C.Diff needs to be recognised in the U.K.
This is a deadly diesease!
if carried on to be unrecognised we are all walking time bombs leading to serious complications even death!
What does it take to be heard?
or maybe it's just so easy to put on the Death certificates "natural causes"
This C.Diff U.K. site can make a difference.
If there is confidence & fight to speak out!
Speak Truth & speak for the loss of our Loved ones lost.
We need to fight not for blame! Or compensation as our loved ones are gone..
but to fight to stop it happening to others & finding a way to distroy C.Diff once & for all

Re: Where are all the members? Why is C.Diff not made aware of ?

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Dear Julie

We have been here since 2006 and in the early days we worked really hard to make people aware about this lethal infection. Yes, the numbers of cases dropped but I am all too well aware that cdiff is here and still affecting more people then it should however, back in 2006/07 the media were very interested which is why we were able to raise awareness but today no one is interested but this doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Please do get in touch and we can have a chat.

Graziella

Julie112607
User

Re: Where are all the members? Why is C.Diff not made aware of ?

Postby Julie112607 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:57 am

Morning Graziella
I just feel it's at it's worst now!
But because it isn't on posters, leaflets etc it's just covered up because the wards are full - if you think if there were 13 cases of C.Diff on a ward & isolation rooms were already taken how would they control it - it would be impossible the poor nurses are run off there feet - but all as I know I had only ever heard of C.Diff in Dec 2016 at the inquest into my fathers death.
I have a friend who is a retired nurse who hadn't heard of C.Diff - so if you don't know about it or aware of it - you would believe the diarrhoea was through antibiotics. You would believe what ever the Health professionals were telling you.
Which is wrong we need to make others aware of C.Diff as the only poster I seen in the hospital was please wash your hands & use alcohol rub - which doesn't protect against C.Diff. Maybe if we could put a link to this site on Facebook then you will see the raise in numbers
X

Return to “Remembering Our Loved Ones”