after effects of c.diff

Medical Help And Advice Related To Clostridium Difficile

Moderator: Moderators

candi
Brand New Poster

after effects of c.diff

Postby candi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi there, just wondered if anyone else has suffered general ill health post c.diff? I'm 9/10 months post and can honestly say it's aged me, I'm 36 but feel 86, I contracted it whilst caring for a relative in hospital (I know I did but can't prove that) I was approx 6 month's pregnant at the time, felt very poorly and went into labour nearly 3 months early (doctors just presumed had a stomach bug at this point) sent home, re admitted 3/4 weeks after(relapse), tested positive for c.diff. Obviously it was horrendous, my baby is lucky to be here and trying to explain to 'some' nurses how ill you feel was like banging your head against a wall, but my main concern now is the poor health I've been left with, does anyone else suffer from aching limbs..cold sweats..exhaustion..diarrhea..nausea and actually being sick sometimes?? Thank you in advance for any replies and my sincere condolences to anyone who lost a loved one to this, it seems its a massively underestimated illness. Kind regards Candice

Return to “Help Me With C-Diff”