Cramping and Basic C-Diff Questions

Medical Help And Advice Related To Clostridium Difficile

Moderator: Moderators

jewels111
Brand New Poster

Cramping and Basic C-Diff Questions

Postby jewels111 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:36 am

Hi,

I'm new to this board, but I'm hoping that I can get some help, advice, and a place to talk about this.

About a month ago, I went to the ER with sever pains in my lower right intestine area. I didn't know what was going on. Either I thought my appendix was bursting, or my ulcerative colitis (that I've had for 29 years) was flaring. They did numerous tests and found that my white blood cell count was 15K. Also, my intestine showed sever swelling and so they put me on predinsone thinking it was my colitis. I then took in a sample later the next day.

After 2 days, the ER called back and told me that I was positive for C-Diff. They were shocked because I haven't been in a hospital (other than the ER), I'm not a nurse, and I haven't been on Anti-Biotics recently.

I went on two weeks of antibiotics, got off predisone immediately. After a few days I started feeling a lot better. But after the 2 weeks were done, I started feeling terrible again. Weak, cramping, multiple visits to the bathroom, and just generally I felt terrible. Took another sample to my doctor and C-Diff positive still. Now on a 4 week antibiotic treatment.

It's been 4 days since I've been back on the antibiotics. I'm definitely feeling better, but I'm really cramping. Is this normal? Should I be worried?

I'm feeling extremely depressed about having this illness and am glad there is somewhere I can talk about this to people who have experienced this before. I hope you all can help me figure out what to expect and how you all got through this.

candi
Brand New Poster

Postby candi » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:06 am

Hi there, I noticed there are no replies as yet so thought I'd try be of some help, I only know thing's through my experience of c.diff, I'm not an expert. I've tried to learn about this subject whilst my stay in hospital, because you do worry that some medical staff don't know enough about it (my personal view anyway) So, regarding the cramps your having, I too had these but I had relapsed (but some people say it can cause ibs type cramps post c.diff though) does your cramping get worse after food?? Only mentioned that as everytime I ate I would get severe cramping and both occasions I turned out c.diff positive. Also, what treatment are you on??

Return to “Help Me With C-Diff”