checking in!

General Discussion Area

Moderator: Moderators

roy
I just about live here

checking in!

Postby roy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:12 pm

I still log on but it seems like this site is no longer active.

If the owners have given up then please pass the site on to someone that can continue the work that we all put in to help people that get this damn disease.

Roy

graziella
Site Administrator

Re: checking in!

Postby graziella » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:23 pm

Roy, we are still here however since the web site was updated we have experienced problem after problem. I am hoping this will be resolved very soon but since cdiff numbers have been reduced here in the UK we no longer get the same amount of traffic as we once did.

We are here for anyone who needs help and advice in which ever way they choose to make contact with us, via email, telephone or through the forum.

roy
I just about live here

Postby roy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:26 pm

Glad to see you back!
Theres quite a few new members up untill early Decemer but none seem to be able to post.
No new members have been confirmed since then though
The new site looks good!
Lets hope c.diff has reduced in UK and not just being under reported again.
I have had a couple of friends with it over the past year and was able to tell their family how it should be handled and how to minimise the chance of a relapse.
When I visited one of them in hospital many side rooms had that familiar odour.
My friends family had been given no instructions about gloves or aprons and none were available outside his room but a word with the nurse and they miraculously restocked the whole ward!
Both survived .

roy
I just about live here

Postby roy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:05 pm

Still checking in but it's very sad to see this site in limbo.

graziella
Site Administrator

Postby graziella » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:32 am

I know Roy it is sad. So much hard work was put into this site over the years but one of the major problems is that since the site was updated you can't find us on google until page 4 or 5 therefore if people can't find us they will go elsewhere. I have had battles with the developers and have now decided to get someone else to sort the problems out. So disappointing because all I wanted to do was to update the site however we really must try and get ourselves back on track, any help would be appreciated.

roy
I just about live here

Postby roy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:18 pm

If there's anything I can do to help send me a PM or email

Roy

roy
I just about live here

Postby roy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:27 pm

Still checking in.
It's so so sad that this resource is inactive.

Julie112607
User

Postby Julie112607 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:41 am

Is this site active ?
As there seems very old post and I personally think C.Diff is more rife now in the U.K
There is no information in the hospitals or GP surgeries - in fact everyone I speak to has never heard of it!
There could be hundreds of people with C.Diff walking about or even at the worst dying!! then put down as natural causes... 2 other people on my fathers ward died of natural causes that I know about with no life threatening illness when being admitted.. this site is vital as there is lots on U.K. People on the USA site seaking information & help including myself where they are not afraid to voice there opinions on C.Diff and they are shocked at the way our stool testing is performed , time scale, room temperature etc

Return to “General Discussion”