After effects of C.diff 10 years on

Discussion Forum for Clostridum Difficile Survivors

Moderator: Moderators

regine candler
New User

After effects of C.diff 10 years on

Postby regine candler » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:13 am

My daughter Lauren is now 10 years down the line. She has pernicious anaemia and is about to reach the grand old age of 34.
All of this due to Clostridium difficile pseudomembranous colitis contracted at age 24.She still suffers bouts of diarhoea and, still has to take movicol (when not pregnant) to ensure that her bowel doesn't get blocked at other times.
Pernicious Anaemia is a common long term problem along with Coeliac disease, vitamin A and D deficiency. However, PA is not usually found until after years of being treated for depression.
If you are being treated with depression Please Please insist on bloods being taken. FBC and folate. RBC, LFT's,T3 and T4. etc. and do not get fobbed off with anti depressants until all of the results are back.
Lauren is married to a wonderful guy and has two children. She is an amazing women whom I am proud to call my daughter.
PA is easily treated with injections of B12.
trottie

graziella
Site Administrator

Re: After effects of C.diff 10 years on

Postby graziella » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Dear Regine

Its always good to hear stories of recovery from cdiff albeit that your daughter is still suffering the consequences of the infection. Many people think that cdiff just causes a bit of diarrhoea however, for many of us here we know that this is not the case.

Thank you for taking the time to post.

Hope your daughter keeps well.

Graziella

Return to “Survivors Lounge”