Medical Notes Justify My Deep Concerns

Share Your Clostridium Difficile Experiences With Others Here

Moderator: Moderators

chrismc
I just about live here

Postby chrismc » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:14 pm

Many Thanks Roy and Lou, your support means an awful lot to me, don't be sorry about your spelling Lou, you would'nt beleive the number of times I've searched the dictionary so as not to appear uneducated, in fact I have lost numerous posts simply trying to write in the correct manner.
Roy, 'Me time' coming up, leaving my Man and Boy to fend for themselves for week (hope some male boding ensues) whilst I enjoy a Girlie! week enjoying the Christmas Market in Valkanburg, much needed break, seconded by a proffesional councillor (£30 hour) why am I suddenly feeling selfish?
Lou, you have given me renewed strength, Thank you so much, we should never take on the guilt of something that is out of our control, you are quite right in what you say.
From personnal experience the remit's of organisations (Coroner's, Icas, Health Care Commission etc) work under, fall short of helping to get to the bottom of things. It's one hurdle after another.
I need some closure, looking for that, 3 years of hard work cannot be put to bed overnight.
Look after yourselves you two and all who have supported me throughout the 3 years of turmoil, as I said before it means an awful lot.
Take Care
Christine X
The very first requirement in a hospital is that it should do the sick no harm - Florence Nightingale

roy
I just about live here

Postby roy » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:46 am

SNAP!
7th to 11th Dec Christmas market Rhine cruise.
Watch out for the Gluwine, I am told its deadly!
I am going to buy mum a tiny decoration while I am there and hang it on the tree.
The pain will pass but you have to let it!
I still hurt, but sometimes now its in a nice sort of way.
Hope that makes sense

Selfish is good!
Have you taught the boys how to use Fairy Liquid?
Danke Shon
Roy
GETTING THERE !!
I am not a medic anything in my posts is my own opinion and from what I have learnt. A doctors advice should always be sought before following any advice.

Lou
Highly Valued Contributor

Postby Lou » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi Chris, Hi Roy
You two have a wonderful time - enjoy.
We don't know how long we are here for do we? - there doesn't seem any rhyme or reason to it.
I have just lost a good friend - one day he was here the next gone.....there are many ways we leave this world and while we are here we need to make the best of it.
We have all loved and lost - at least we have loved..and we loved deeply didn't we and thats why it hurt (and hurts) so deeply.
I went away with my daughter for a couple of days and when sad thoughts popped in my head - I decided to push them right back out.......i want our memories to be happy cos that is all we really have when we lose someone isn't it.
So lots of love to you, have a wonderful time and fill it with lots of happy memories.
Look forward now, not back and I will try to do the same
Lou
xxxxxxxxx

chrismc
I just about live here

Thank you

Postby chrismc » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:13 am

Thank you all for being so supportive, sorry too if I have been a burden, blame that on my hospital and the grief that has ensued,
Take Care
Chris X
The very first requirement in a hospital is that it should do the sick no harm - Florence Nightingale

roy
I just about live here

Postby roy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Chriss
Dare I say this but my grief has turned a corner.
I can think of my mum with happiness, I think at times you can do this too.
Just let it happen and don't feel guilty.
I got a double bubble of good news this week.
My daughter and daughter in law are both pregnant!! (expensive summer!!!)
Celebrate the past, but look forward not backward.
Never think "what if" it means nothing!!
Your Mam lost her Mam, and then carried on loving you and made you what you are.
Possibly its time to stop chasing revenge/answers and getting the "we have learnt lessons" type of replies! CRAP! (sorry mods) theres too many standard worded replies, I don't want any more of those!
I hate what happened to my mum and do what I do in her memory but its no longer fuelled by that hate, I do it now because I CAN!

Roy

Annie

Postby Annie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:14 am

Oh dear Roy..... I've never heard you talk such sense.
:wink:
Congratulations Grandad!

Lou
Highly Valued Contributor

Postby Lou » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:20 pm

Yes and i'm writing to the hospital tonight - at least this is the first draft -at last eh!
Lots of love gang (and thanku always) xxx

chrismc
I just about live here

Postby chrismc » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:47 pm

Thanks Roy, your Mum would be very proud of you, am getting there, slowly, just have not turned the corner yet, seemed to be stuck on amber. Unfortunately and sadly this last month I have attended 2 funerals, which has been emotionally draining, only yesterday we sadly lost Great Nanna aged 95, although expected, the Family are heartbroken, lets hope the old adage 'it comes in three's' is true.
With regard to my Trust, recent public exposure of yet further failings (have been denied Foundation status following a damning assessment of its maternity services) a nurse has recently broke ranks to publically expose the pressures faced by staff on Gynaecology after service cuts, describing the staff’s workload as ludicrous, stating the ward my Mother was on are under just as much pressure as them, so much for all the lessons learned bullshit (sorry)
On a much brighter note, we too are expecting a new addition to the Family, my eldest son and his partner are expecting a baby in June, we are all so excited, now known as Nanna Chris, maybe this will be the green light to turn the corner. I have already informed the management of the Trust of my expectation’s of the Maternity ward.
Many thanks to those who P.M’d, your kind supportive words really helped an awful lot.
Take Care All
Christine X

chrismc
I just about live here

Latest News

Postby chrismc » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:18 pm

chrismc
I just about live here

Postby chrismc » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:45 pm

Hello All,
Firstly, please allow me to continue this thread, although not C.diff related, many of my posts have related to Patient Care, I honestly beleive the lack of it goes hand in hand with many C.diff related deaths.
This is sadly my latest experience:-
http://www.patientopinion.org.uk/opinions/43800
My 'Being Open' policy.
Christine X

chrismc
I just about live here

Call for much needed improvements-Safety and Quality

Postby chrismc » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Please take a little time to read and support this much needed investigation by adding your signature
We the undersigned call upon the Secretary of State for Health to commission a fully independent and wide ranging investigation into how failures at University Hospitals Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust were allowed to continue for so long by all the organisations responsible for safety & quality; how information concerning these failures was suppressed; and how systems can be improved to stop this happening again elsewhere in the NHS.

Thank you. Christine X
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/inv ... e=timeline

chrismc
I just about live here

At last challenging on behalf of Patient Safety

Postby chrismc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:26 pm

I would be grateful if you could spend some time browsing this website and consider offering your support by signing the petition for this much needed Full Public Inquiry http://www.morecambebayinquiry.co.uk/ Many Thanks.

Christine X

chrismc
I just about live here

Care was always questionable_Robert Francis report

Postby chrismc » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:11 pm

The report has identified numerous warning signs which cumulatively, or in some cases singly, could and should have alerted the system to the problems developing at the Trust. That they did not has a number of causes, among them:
A culture focused on doing the system’s business – not that of the patients; An institutional culture which ascribed more weight to positive information about the service than to information capable of implying cause for concern;
Standards and methods of measuring compliance which did not focus on the effect of a service on patients;
Too great a degree of tolerance of poor standards and of risk to patients; A failure of communication between the many agencies to share their knowledge of concerns;
Assumptions that monitoring, performance management or intervention was the responsibility of someone else;
A failure to tackle challenges to the building up of a positive culture, in nursing in particular but also within the medical profession;
A failure to appreciate until recently the risk of disruptive loss of corporate memory and focus resulting from repeated, multi-level reorganisation, read on..........http://www.midstaffspublicinquiry.com/report

chrismc
I just about live here

Re: Medical Notes Justify My Deep Concerns

Postby chrismc » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:54 pm

Families vindicated in fight for truth https://www.gov.uk/government/news/more ... t-publishe[url][/url]d

Return to “Share Your Experiences”