MS and basic care

For all things not related to C. diff

Moderator: Moderators

MS and basic care

Postby Lou » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:26 pm

Just heard some local news about a man who has MS who is now bedridden. His daughter is looking after him - she was appalled at the hospital and given he has MS - drinks were left by his bedside that he was unable to drink and the nurses didn't turn him so he now has bed-sores. She was appalled at the lack of 'basic, basic care'. Sounds pretty familiar eh?
Lou
Highly Valued Contributor

Postby roy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:29 pm

An elderly friend went to hospital 3 months ago with a prostate problem, He was admitted and they inserted a catheter, They said he needs an operation but the wait would be about 9 weeks so they sent him home with the catheter still in. 2 weeks ago he contacted the Dr who discharged him to enquire when the op would take place.They had no record of him!he was told he would be seen as an outpatient but would have to wait again for the operation. Luckily for him he could afford to go private and as I am typing this he is being operated on.
£5000 lighter because someone lost his notes! I pray the delay does not cost him dearer than that.
I have mentioned this man before. 4 years ago his son (40) died in Addenbrooks with MRSA, so he's not a great fan of hospitals.

Complaint on the way NHS!!!!!!!
Roy
GETTING THERE !!
I am not a medic anything in my posts is my own opinion and from what I have learnt. A doctors advice should always be sought before following any advice.
roy
I just about live here

Postby Lou » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:04 pm

When weeks later,we hadn't heard anything from the hospital after my partner had been admitted with TIAs. I phoned the ward - his files had been archived - so no further tests were booked!
He was only admitted due to our local GP sending him back because a few days earlier he had undergone various tests for suspected stroke, but they had not done a CT scan.
This is the same hospital I lost my mum.
Lou
Highly Valued Contributor

Postby roy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:17 am

Like Chris says "a mad mad world"
MY FRIEND WAS IN THEATRE FOR 4 HOURS. NOW THE WAIT TO SEE IF ITS THE BIG "C"
Private hospital = nurses on tap, imaculate hygine, smiles, people who genuinly seem to care.
Reminds me of what the NHS WAS LIKE 30 YEARS AGO!
Same staff, different standards and expectations!
GETTING THERE !!
I am not a medic anything in my posts is my own opinion and from what I have learnt. A doctors advice should always be sought before following any advice.
roy
I just about live here

Return to Off topic Discussions