Cdiff Support Clostridium difficile Support
A Community for Those Affected By Clostridium difficile

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS and basic care

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Clostridium difficile Support Forum Index -> Off topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou
Highly Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: MS and basic care Reply with quote

Just heard some local news about a man who has MS who is now bedridden. His daughter is looking after him - she was appalled at the hospital and given he has MS - drinks were left by his bedside that he was unable to drink and the nurses didn't turn him so he now has bed-sores. She was appalled at the lack of 'basic, basic care'. Sounds pretty familiar eh?
roy
I just about live here

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An elderly friend went to hospital 3 months ago with a prostate problem, He was admitted and they inserted a catheter, They said he needs an operation but the wait would be about 9 weeks so they sent him home with the catheter still in. 2 weeks ago he contacted the Dr who discharged him to enquire when the op would take place.They had no record of him!he was told he would be seen as an outpatient but would have to wait again for the operation. Luckily for him he could afford to go private and as I am typing this he is being operated on.
5000 lighter because someone lost his notes! I pray the delay does not cost him dearer than that.
I have mentioned this man before. 4 years ago his son (40) died in Addenbrooks with MRSA, so he's not a great fan of hospitals.

Complaint on the way NHS!!!!!!!
Roy
Lou
Highly Valued Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When weeks later,we hadn't heard anything from the hospital after my partner had been admitted with TIAs. I phoned the ward - his files had been archived - so no further tests were booked!
He was only admitted due to our local GP sending him back because a few days earlier he had undergone various tests for suspected stroke, but they had not done a CT scan.
This is the same hospital I lost my mum.
roy
I just about live here

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Chris says "a mad mad world"
MY FRIEND WAS IN THEATRE FOR 4 HOURS. NOW THE WAIT TO SEE IF ITS THE BIG "C"
Private hospital = nurses on tap, imaculate hygine, smiles, people who genuinly seem to care.
Reminds me of what the NHS WAS LIKE 30 YEARS AGO!
Same staff, different standards and expectations!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Clostridium difficile Support Forum Index -> Off topic Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: